The Award in Special Educational Needs Co-ordination
Do you want to achieve a recognised award as a Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator (SENCo)? Then this is the course for you.
Completion of the course has been mandatory for the teacher designated as the SENCo in the UK since 2009. SENCOs who have English QTS and gain this qualification providing they can demonstrate they meet the National College for Teaching and Leadership SENCo learning outcomes can use the award to meet the UK mandatory requirements. It may also be relevant for those aspiring to be SENCos or those who wish to pursue accredited professional development in this area.
Completing the course entitles candidates with 60 credits, which can be used towards an MA in SEN and Inclusion. Click here for more information.
The programme is taught by experienced senior lecturers from the School of Education’s Centre for Education and Research (CESNER) with expertise in SEND.
Overall course aims
- Developing inclusive teaching approaches and co-ordinating provision for pupils with SEN and/or disabilities in their schools
- Applying methods to identify additional needs and monitor the progress of pupils with SEN and/or disabilities
- Examining theories of learning and pedagogy in order to raise the achievement of pupils with SEN and/or disabilities
- Instigating evidence-based, strategic approaches when deploying, supporting and managing other teaching and support staff
- Establishing networks and partnerships with other SENCos and local advisors
Start Dates and Cost
Training will take place at a local venue – 16th -19th October.
The programme includes:
- Two modules each worth 30 Level 7 credits at Master’s Level
- Face-to-face taught sessions (6 days in total spread across the academic year 2014-2015)
- Online support – blended learning, discussion groups, networking
- Access to university support and services
- Mentor support
The cost of the course is 140,000 baht, two payments of 70,000 baht.
If you have any questions please contact us by clicking here